30 November 2009

to Geneve

Official diary entry:


Sunday 29th

The Spire-WTO journey began. A rush to get to the Central Station, take the Flytoget and depart in a nice and cheap flight to Geneva.

From the arrival Geneva is a city that welcomes you, first everyone receives from the airport a free all-public transport ticket valid for 80 minutes (enough to get anywhere), right there we find out that when you reserve in a hotel normally there is a transport card included in the price, those are great first steps to get around the city. I was lucky to find from the Swiss Christian solidarity roots a nice and cozy shared-room and my partner Mari tempted her luck by hunting a reasonable-price hotel in that very same night in the city center, and did it!

It is always a fabulous thing to live the concrete feeling of realizing the fact that I have a global family called: Focolare.

I try to find hotels, to get hosted by Couch Surfers, but I was almost forgetting the focolare. Since I tough there were no focolare in this city, just in the last minute I decided to find out if at least any Gen or volunteer family was present. For my luck there is a nice focolare and on top my dear friend Rainer is living here and Rafi as well. Martin, the leader was very welcoming from the beginning. That phrase of "it was like we knew each other since for ever" is again more true than the floor I am stepping.

No comments: